Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's growing! It's growing!

Not too long ago, I posted the initial pictures of my garden that grows in pots. Well kids, those little plants have grown like crazy and they are now producing. All of that care, water and sunshine has worked, along with some organic fertilizer pellets. I think this may be the start of a new love.




Here are the blooms and tiny tomatoes that have recently sprung up on my tomato plants. Both plants in the pots on the ground are blooming, and I have three tiny tomatoes on the Sun Gold Hybrid, which will produce little tiny orange-red fruit. I forgot to take the suckers off the tomato plants, so my plants have turned into bushes. This could be an interesting experiment since most garden experts recommend trimming off the suckers. The hanging tomatoes are still growing; but they haven't bloomed yet.

But the real excitement in the garden is my pepper plants, as seen below.

Look at how big those peppers are! They're not quite ripe yet though, as some of them are suppose to be red, though some of them might be green. I should go back and check the labels to see what color they should be. 

And of course, I can't forget the herbs.
Basil! And it smells delicious. 

Cilantro. I think I might have to harvest some of this soon.

Here is the overall picture of the garden.

The garden gnomes have done a great job with these plants. 


No comments:

Post a Comment